EAA Chapter 983, Inc
8650 Westover Ct
Granbury, TX 76049
Our mission is to preserve and encourage the freedom to fly. Founded in 1992 in Granbury, Texas (southwest of Ft Worth), Chapter 983 has grown to over 120 members, with an average of 50-60 attending our regular meetings on the second Saturday of each month. Members and guests start arriving around 9:30am for social time with coffee and snacks. Our guest speakers are informative and entertaining, covering a wide range of aviation-related topics and activities including hands-on training. There are stories from members, safety discussions, a raffle, and more. Our membership includes several technical and flight advisors who donate their time and assistance to help others. Join us for an entertaining and enlightening morning!
** Please be sure to check our Calendar of Events for up to date meeting location, time, and program **
The purpose of this Chapter is to promote, encourage, and facilitate…
- an atmosphere where all are welcome to join-in and become a part of recreational aviation.
- an environment that celebrates and nurtures the participation of families and the spirit of volunteerism within the world of recreational aviation.
- an environment that fosters safety and high standards in the design, construction, restoration, and operation of all types of recreational aircraft.
- recreational aviation activities that provide educational opportunities.
- a positive, productive, and cooperative relationship between the Chapter and those governmental agencies and private enterprises that provide aviation services and facilities to the benefit of members of the Chapter.
- membership in the EAA (Experimental Aircraft Association, Incorporated).
- the mission, vision, goals and objectives of the EAA through programs and services within the Chapter family.
A significant portion of our Chapter history from about the year 2000 may be gleaned from the Newsletters and Newsletter Archives. A State of Texas tax filing indicates the Experimental Aircraft Association Chapter 983, Inc was registered February 27, 1992. The officers were Gary Green (Pres), Dennis Trusty (VP), and David Moore (Sec-Treas).
The Experimental Aircraft Association
We are a community of aviation enthusiasts who promote and support recreational flying. More than 180,000 members worldwide share a common passion for all things aviation. EAA is headquartered in Oshkosh, Wisconsin, and hosts the EAA AirVenture Oshkosh Fly-In & Convention every July.
EAA was founded in 1953 by Paul H. Poberezny, who served as the organization’s president until 1989 then chairman of the board until his passing in 2013. It has grown from a handful of aviation enthusiasts to an international organization representing virtually the entire spectrum of recreational aviation.
For more information, visit the EAA headquarters website.