As many of you already know, we will have a very special guest, astronaut Robert “Hoot” Gibson here to present at our June meeting. See the event announcement for more details.
We are expecting a large turnout – possibly more than we can readily handle. But we will do our best. Let’s all strive to put our best foot forward, be respectful, and especially welcome the non-aviation folks who may be there. A few points of note:
- PARKING – Please walk or arrive by golf cart and park in the grass if feasible. DO NOT park along Wedgefield. If you notice anyone doing so, please suggest other places they can park and if necessary walk back up. Perhaps offer them a golf-cart ride back if you can.
- Limited Seating – We can fit about 150 folks in the hangar. Overflow will be outside. Plane View park will be available for breakfast, and there are good toilets there.
- 7:30 am breakfast and hangar prep – Be there to help if you can. Contact Sue Cole to let her know if you can help prepare and serve breakfast.
- 8:30 – 9:30 am – Breakfast served
- 9:30 – 10:00 am – Wrap up breakfast, pick up tables, and reorganize seating
- 10:00 – Noon(ish) – Short business meeting followed by our speaker